Tuesday, November 1, 2011

Bristol Springs

I had painted at this location on a very cold day, with snow flakes falling on my palette. Brrrrrrrr! My hands were so cold, even with gloves, I had difficulty grasping the brushes.

For this piece, I repainted it in acrylics using the photo I had taken on site. This time, I had the warmth of my studio to protect me from the elements. Once again, I used the glazing and veiling technique, using no water.

This piece shows expressive strokes and lots of fall color. It measures 10"x10".

1 comment:

  1. I remember that day...painting up at the log cabin overlooking Canandaigua, with snow flurries coming in over the lake! Brrrrrr....very cold day! Even though this is a studio piece, you've captured the whole feeling perfectly! Great job! Nicely done! <3!

    ReplyDelete