Saturday, June 25, 2011

Artist at Work! Quiet Please!

Believe it or not, my artist friend and I are painting under an overpass to a major highway. It was muddy, dark and filled with graffiti and empty beer bottles. I had no idea what I would create in this location.

We were looking towards this grassy path that is part of a local trail system. The light was brilliant against all the greens of the foliage. When Cathy set up her easel in front of me, I knew this was my composition!

My brushstrokes just flowed onto the surface with clean notes of color. It was a successful painting all the way around!

It measures 10"x10" and is in oil.

2 comments:

  1. Brenda...this is just gorgeous! Beautiful brushstrokes of lively color...perfection! I love your story too...how you 'FOUND' this subject under a highway overpass! You just need good eyes to see subjects like this in even the most unlikely places! Great job! <3

    ReplyDelete
  2. This really looks like Cathy! Nice work!

    ReplyDelete